Information about us as Data Controller:
The POPSHOT Services are operated by Alkymia (and we refer to ourselves as “we”, “us” or “our”). We act as data controller.
The contact and legal information relating to Alkymia are the following:
ALKYMIA, incorporated and registered in Versailles, with company number 523431302 whose registered office is at 1401 avenue de la Grande Halle, 78200 BUCHELAY.
- Information: all information, either personal or non-personal, we can collect through your use of the POPSHOT Services
- Personal data: information, which can be used to identify you directly or indirectly.
1. What personal information do we collect?
A. We collect the Information you directly give us
In order to use the POPSHOT services, you need to create an account. To this end, we need to collect the following Personal data: your first and last name, your picture, a username, a password and your phone number.
We are not responsible for disclosure by other POPSHOT Users of your Personal Data. Also, please remember that the Personal Data you provide to us as part of your Public Profile may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life that you may not choose to state on your Public Profile directly (for example, your picture may reveal your gender).
When you contact our User Support or communicate with us in any other way, we also collect the information you provide to us.
B. We collect Information about you through your use of the POPSHOT services
When you use the POPSHOT services, some information is automatically collected, such as your location, your IP address, your operating system, your mobile type and your activity on our services.
We also collect the following type of information:
- Information about your activity on the POPSHOT services:
- We collect information about the way you use the POPSHOT services, and notably access times, pages viewed through the web browser or details about your interactions with other POPSHOT Users (the POPSHOT users with whom you communicate more often, their names, the tools and POPSHOT functionalities you use when you communicate with them, the number of messages you send and receive).
- We also collect information about the content you share on the POP services and the metadata, which is linked to this content (for instance, the place or date where the picture you are sharing with another user was taken).
- Contact list. With your consent, we collect information from your device’s contact list/phonebook. We only collect mobile phone numbers and names and no other data such as email addresses. We only collect mobile phone numbers and names and no other data such as email addresses.
- Photo Gallery, Microphone, Speech Recognition. Subject to your consent, we will have access to the camera and photos, microphone and speech recognition on your device so that you can include pictures, videos, sounds and text in your POPSHOT Cards.
C. We collect Information from other Popshot Users
When other Popshot Users create an account to use the Popshot services, we may collect certain Information they may have about you, for instance when the other Users choose to share their contact list with us. We can also aggregate the Information collected from the other Users with Information we have collected about you, either directly or indirectly. If we combine this information with Personal Data, we will treat this information as Personal Data pursuant to this Policy.
C. We collect Information from third parties
2. How will the Information be used?
The Information we collect may be used in a number of ways including:
- To communicate with you and to send you notices such as news, POPSHOT Services new functionalities and changes to our terms. We can communicate with you either through:
- Text messages,
- Push notifications. Among other information, push notifications will let you know whether other Popshot users have interacted with you through the POPSHOT Services, for example by sending you a POPSHOT card. Depending on the operating system of your device, you may either have to give your prior explicit approval before receiving push notifications or to opt out of receiving push notifications by going to your device “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications”, and then change those settings for some (including POPSHOT) or all of the apps on your device.
- To respond to your specific requests or questions,
- To verify your identity,
- To provide, operate, develop, improve and maintain our services,
- For internal purposes such as auditing, analyzing trends and usage,
- To personalize your experience on the POPSHOT Services and develop the design and style of the services,
- To make recommendations to you, for instance by suggesting friends.
We may also use the Information to enhance the safety of the POPSHOT services and to prevent fraud, or with the purpose of enforcing our Terms of Service.
3. What Information do we share and with whom?
We will only share the Information we collect from you through the Services with third parties as described in this Policy or otherwise as detailed at the time of collection.
We do not share Personal Data with independent third parties without your consent, unless
- it is required by law, or
- we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our rights, property or to protect our users or third parties.
We may share anonymous or aggregated information, or other data that does not directly identify you, with third parties.
In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale or bankruptcy, we may transfer all information we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
We do not knowingly disclose Personal Data about children under 18 years of age to independent third parties even with consent.
4. Third-party Services
5. How long do we keep your Information?
We automatically delete the Popshot cards and their content you may send or receive ( including notably text, photos and video messages that you send to your friends) from our servers one week after the final comment/reaction made by a Popshot User on this Popshot card.
The Popshot Cards you may have shared in a group of POPSHOT users cannot be deleted independently of the group conversation itself. Accordingly, it will last until there is no more comment or reaction within such conversation for a week after the last one.
However, we would like to draw your attention on the fact that other Popshot Users to whom you send Popshot Card can always share it to another user without your consent or save it using different techniques such as screenshots or any other image-capture technology (cf our Terms of Service -art.27).
Subject to the above-mentioned exceptions, the Information about you that is still on our servers at the date where you may request the deletion of your POPSHOT account will be entirely deleted at that same time. Please note that it will not be possible to restore your account once you have confirmed that you want to delete it.
Moreover, we may retain and use your Information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our Terms of service, for a limited period of time and in any case no longer than is necessary for these purposes.
6. How do we protect your Personal data?
All the Information you provide is stored on our servers located in Ireland.
We take all appropriate measures to protect your Personal data in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access. To this end, we follow generally accepted standards to protect the Information we process, such as physically secured rooms, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, please understand that, despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. Please note, that in the event of a data breach we will notify the supervisory authority competent pursuant to applicable law.
To protect the confidentiality of Personal Data maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Services by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
We also make sure that the service providers to whom we may transfer Personal data provide sufficient protection of such data.
7. Can we transfer your data in foreign countries?
We may transfer your Personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected. In any case, we may only transfer your Personal data in countries ensuring an adequate level of protection according to the European Commission. If not we will request your prior consent.
8. What are your rights?
- Accessing your Personal data. ou can access most of your basic account information (your picture and name) directly in the Popshot app’s Settings page. You can ask an access to the other Information that we may have about you, provided that it does not risk the privacy of other Popshot Users. You understand and agree that the information you can ask to access is limited to usage information, excluding the content of the POPSHOT cards you may send or receive. We will need to verify your identity before we let you access your Personal data. Should you ask us repeatedly to access your Information, we can request that you pay some reasonable fees. You can send us your request at the following address: email@example.com
- Updating your Personal data. You can update your basic account information directly in the Popshot app’s Settings page. Please note that any change of phone number will imply the creation a new account totally independent from the one created with your previous phone number and that no back up or transfer of information will be possible from one to the other.
- Communicating with other Popshot users. In order that you stay in control over whom you communicate with, you can use the Popshot app’s Settings to indicate, among other things, if you want to block the communication with a specific user in a one to one conversation or if you want to quit a group.
- Right to object: You have the right to object the processing of your Personal data at any time. Should you object the processing of your Personal data, we invite you to delete your POPSHOT account by sending an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deletion of your account will lead to the suppression of the Personal data we have about you from our servers (subject to the reservations mentioned in article 6 above).
Please also note that your consent to a specific processing of your Personal data may be revoked at any time. You can send us your request to revoke your consent at the following address: email@example.com
The POPSHOT Services are not intended for anyone under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you have parental authority and you believe that we have unintentionally collected your child’s Personal data and if you wish to have that data deleted, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are at your entire disposal for any question you may have regarding the foregoing or for any question regarding your personal information in general. You may contact us at the following address: email@example.com.