Welcome on POPSHOT!
POPSHOT is a smart browser which allows you to access web smartly using Web Apps at zero storage. You can also save & share web content using live screenshots, which can be recalled later to browse the same content again. No more need to download multiple heavy apps for shopping, socializing, travel, booking, etc. and no need to fill up your phone gallery with dead screenshots… just tap the unlimited access to web apps through POPSHOT and save what you love through live screenshots!
1. What information I share with POPSHOT?
You can use most of the POPSHOT services without giving us any personal data. Browsing the web, adding your favorite web apps and saving popshots doesn’t require you to create account. For sharing the popshots, you need to create an account using your phone number so that your friends can identify you. For this, we need to collect your phone number only. Your browsing data is not collected by us. To support continuous optimization of the app, certain data like time spent, frequency of usage, number of popshots created, etc. are collected in an anonymized way for analytical purposes.
2. Do I need to create an account to use POPSHOT?
You do not need to share any information to start using web apps, browsing and saving of popshots inside POPSHOT app. We ask you to sign-up only when you want to share popshots with friends as same isn’t possible without creating an account.
3. What information POPSHOT have about my browsing usage?
We do not store data of your browsing. We understand this is a very private information for you and we do not store your browsing data - like websites you use, pages you visited, activities you did on web apps through POPSHOT, etc.
4. Why POPSHOT ask for certain permissions?
The permissions asked by the app are to enable smooth functioning of web apps inside and efficient working of POPSHOT. (Example: Phone contact access is required to allow you to see your friends who are already using the app and send them Popshots. Location access may be asked to enable smooth functioning of shopping/food delivery/etc. web apps, similarly camera/phone gallery access may be asked for photo related web apps like Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
5. How long my data is stored by POPSHOT?
We store your profile and service usage data (in anonymized way – means your data is not linked your phone number identity so the data is not connected with your identity at the back end) as long as you use POPSHOT app and if you request to delete your account, this information is deleted completed from our servers (exception mentioned in 1.B of detailed policy). Data of popshots you share with your friends is stored at our servers for 1 week from last activity on the Popshot to enable smooth communication, post that information of Popshot is removed from our servers. Other app usage data such as time spent inside the app, number of popshots made, doodle/text box usage data, etc. is stored in an anonymized way and is not linked to your identification.
1. What personal information do we collect?
A. We collect the Information you directly give us
You can use most of the POPSHOT services without giving us any personal data. Browsing the web, adding your favorite web apps and saving popshots doesn’t require you to create account.
In order to share popshots with other POPSHOT users, you need to create an account so that your friends can identify you. For this, we need to collect only one Personal data: your phone number. To your discretion, you can complete your account with other personal data: your first name, last name and a profile picture.
Once you created an account, with your consent, we also match information from your device’s contact list/phonebook with our POPSHOT user database to help you find your friends who are already on POPSHOT. This information is just used for matching purposes and is not collected by us. Then, when you share popshots with friends, they only transit through our servers for a limited time.
We are not responsible for disclosure of your Personal Data by other POPSHOT users. Also, please remember that the Personal Data you provide to us as part of your Public Profile may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life that you may not choose to state on your Public Profile directly (for example, your picture may reveal your gender).
When you contact our User Support or communicate with us in any other way, we also collect the information you provide to service your request.
B. Collecting anonymous Information about your usage through your use of the POPSHOT services
When you use POPSHOT services, some information is automatically collected to enable smooth functioning of the app and to maintain compatibility with our systems, such as your location, your IP address, your operating system, your mobile type and your activity on our services. Regarding your activity, we collect information in anonymized way about the way you use POPSHOT services, for example time spend in different sections of the app, frequency of saving popshots, type of interactions with other POPSHOT users. Although, we don’t collect information about what you browse.
And all these information are anonymized, our policy is not to know what you do!
C. Third Party Services
2. How will the Information be used?
The Information we collect are used the following ways:
- For internal purposes such as analyzing trends and usage of POPSHOT services, To provide, operate, develop, improve and maintain our services, to personalize your experience on POPSHOT Services
- To make recommendations to you, for example by suggesting friends or content.
- To respond to your specific requests or questions,
- To communicate with you and to send you notices such as news, POPSHOT new functionalities and changes to our terms. We can communicate with you either through:
- Text messages,
- Push notifications. Among other information, push notifications will let you know whether other POPSHOT users have interacted with you through the POPSHOT Services, for example your friends may interact by sending you a popshot or by reply on existing popshots. Depending on the operating system of your device, you may either have to give your prior explicit approval before receiving push notifications or it may be available by default and you can opt out of receiving push notifications by going to your device “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications”, and then change those settings for some (including POPSHOT) or all of the apps on your device.
- Chat support service, accessible from the app menu
We may also use the Information to enhance the safety of POPSHOT services and to prevent fraud, or with the purpose of enforcing our Terms of Service.
3. What Information do we share and with whom?
We understand your concern of data being shared with any external parties, hence we only share the information we collect from you with Third-Parties on necessity basis as described in this Policy or otherwise as detailed at the time of collection.
We do not share Personal Data with independent third parties without your consent, unless
- it is required by law, or
- we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our rights, property or to protect our users or third parties.
In order to understand how the POPSHOT services are used, we may share anonymous information, or other data that does not directly identify you, with third parties, for analytical purposes.
In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale or bankruptcy, we may transfer all information we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
We do not knowingly disclose Personal Data about children under 17 years of age to independent third parties even with consent.
4. Third-party Services
5. How long do we keep your Information?
Only your personal data used to fill your account are permanently stored at our end. We automatically delete the popshots and their content you may send or receive from our servers one week after the final comment/reaction made by a POPSHOT user on this popshot.
The popshots you may have shared in a group of POPSHOT users cannot be deleted independently of the group conversation itself. Accordingly, it will last until there is no more comment or reaction within such conversation for a week after the last one.
However, we would like to draw your attention on the fact that other POPSHOT users, to whom you send popshots, can always share it to another user without your consent or save/share it using different techniques such as screenshots or any other image-capture technology (cf our Terms of Service -art.27).
Your information of your usage of POPSHOT services, as described in 1.B, are anonymously stored as long as we need them to provide you with a better service.
Subject to the above-mentioned exceptions, the information about you that is still on our servers at the date where you may request the deletion of your POPSHOT account will be entirely deleted at that same time. Please note that it will not be possible to restore your account once you have confirmed that you want to delete it.
Moreover, we may retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our Terms of service, for a limited period of time and in any case no longer than is necessary for these purposes.
6. How do we protect your Personal data?
All the Information you provide is stored on our servers located in Ireland
We take all appropriate measures to protect your Personal data in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access. To this end, we follow generally accepted standards to protect the information we process, such as physically secured rooms, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, as you may understand that despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. Please note, that in the event of a data breach we will notify the supervisory authority competent pursuant to applicable law.
To protect the confidentiality of Personal Data maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the services by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also make sure that the service providers to whom we may transfer Personal data provide sufficient protection of such data.
7. Can we transfer your data in foreign countries
We may transfer your Personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected. In any case, we may only transfer your Personal data in countries ensuring an adequate level of protection according to the European Commission. If not, we will request your prior consent.
8. What are your rights?
• Accessing your Personal data. You can access most of your basic account information (your picture and name) directly in the POPSHOT app’s Settings section. You can ask an access to the other Information that we may have about you, provided that it does not risk the privacy of other POPSHOT users. You understand and agree that the information you can ask to access is limited to usage information, excluding the content of the popshot you may send or receive. We will need to verify your identity before we let you access your Personal data. Should you ask us repeatedly to access your Information, we can request that you pay some reasonable fees. You can send us your request at the following address: email@example.com
• Updating your Personal data. You can update your basic account information directly in the POPSHOT app’s Settings page. Please note that any change of phone number will imply the creation a new account totally independent from the one created with your previous phone number and that no back up or transfer of information will be possible from one to the other.
• Communicating with other POPSHOT users. In order that you stay in control over whom you communicate with, you can use the POPSHOT app’s Settings to indicate, among other things, if you want to block the communication with a specific user in a one to one conversation or if you want to quit a group.
• Right to object: You have the right to object the processing of your Personal data at any time. Should you object the processing of your Personal data, we invite you to delete your POPSHOT account by sending an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deletion of your account will lead to the suppression of the Personal data we have about you from our servers (subject to the reservations mentioned in article 6 above).
Please also note that your consent to a specific processing of your Personal data may be revoked at any time. You can send us your request to revoke your consent at the following address: email@example.com
The POPSHOT Services are not intended for anyone under 17. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 17. If you have parental authority and you believe that we have unintentionally collected your child’s Personal data and if you wish to have that data deleted, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are at your entire disposal for any question you may have regarding the foregoing or for any question regarding your personal information in general. You may contact us at the following address: email@example.com
The contact and legal information relating to Alkymia are the following:
ALKYMIA, incorporated and registered in Versailles, with company number 523431302 whose registered office is at 1401 avenue de la Grande Halle, 78200 BUCHELAY.